In the past 2 years we have had a real push and drive to increase participation in competitive sport. The arrival of a specialist PE teacher Mr Ford has led children to prepare better for events and thus has resulted in improved performances at competitions. We have reached an all time high in number of competitions entered consisting of sports such as football, indoor athletics, netball, gymnastics, table tennis, tag rugby, hockey, basketball, tennis, cross country. We host trials for most sporting teams and these are arranged based around the competition date, for some competitions children are assessed during PE and chosen to represent the school team. Children who represent the school at sport will be expected to set a positive example and therefore should adopt a good positive attitude in PE and around school.
We have recently purchased a brand new trophy cabinet to display all sporting successes and hopefully we can add to it in the foreseeable future.
- For the first time ever SJP made it to the London Youth Games to represent Kingston in Kwik Cricket 15-16
- We won our first KSSP trophy by winning the Year 5 football chalice 15-16
- We have had a pupil in the Kingston Borough football team for the past 2 years
- We will continue to enter a diverse range of sporting competitions to allow children exposure to competitive sport.
- Kingston table tennis finalists 16-17
- Key Steps 2 Gymnastics bronze medallists 16-17
- Year 5 & 6 Mixed Football finalists 16- 17
- Year 4 Boys Football Winners 16 - 17
- Year 6 Cluster League Winners 16-17