Going For Gold
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School have been awarded the Gold School Games Mark award for their commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport in 2015-2016.
This award is a government led scheme that rewards schools for their commitment to the development of PE, Sport and competition across their school.
In order to achieve this status we have successfully passed the following criteria
- Commitment to a minimum of 2 hours PE each week
- Participation in intra-school competitions (within school)
- Participation in inter-school competitions (against other schools)
- Sports leaders
- Extra-curricular clubs
- Gifted and talented pathway
- Reports & results on website/newsletters
This is the first time St Joseph's has ever achieved the Gold award and we are very excited about maintaining it and enjoying another successful sporting year.